Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djthomp28

Angraecum Lemford White Beauty

Darlene (GreenCurls)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I bought this Angraecum Lemford White Beauty in October 2012. This is the first blooming and I am very happy with it. It is definitely one for those fragrance lovers especially the night owls.. that is when the fragrance really kicks in gear.

Comments (18)

• arthurm2015
    8 years ago

Very nice. Orchid growing must be easy in zone 6a. Re. the name. some searches do not work

where there are accents over letters. In this case over the letter o. Wonder what this does to the pronunciation? Apart from the accents, the RHS has the spelling as Lemforde.

• Sheila
    8 years ago

Beautiful bloom! I have lemforde crossed to magdalene and was hoping it would bloom this season.....so far no sign of it spiking so I'll content myself with seeing photos like yours.

• jane__ny
    8 years ago

I was given one as a gift last year. It has not flowered. It is growing and making a few offshoots but no flowers.

Jane

Darlene (GreenCurls) thanked jane__ny
  • Sheila
    8 years ago

I can't hardly tell that mine is growing except for the one offshoot that does continue to grow, though ever so slllllowly.

Darlene (GreenCurls) thanked Sheila
  • Darlene (GreenCurls)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks all!

These are ver, very slow growers. I could barely tell that mine was growing. It produced maybe a leaf per year. Until I saw the bud emerging, I thought it was the nonblooming variety. Now if my angraecum leonis can take some lessons that would be great.

• Sheila
    8 years ago

I have the NONblooming variety of Leonis! At least they've been low maintenance plants!

• Judybird2014
    8 years ago

Love it

• Darlene (GreenCurls)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here is an update on my Lemforde White Beauty. I am really happy with these blooms.

• Judybird2014
    8 years ago

Good grief, that's gorgeous

• Sheila
    8 years ago

Gorgeous!

• Khanh Tran
    6 years ago

could someone tell me where i can get one in US? I would love to have one. I used to have one back in 2001 but lost it. Anyway, please let me know. I really appreciat that.

• shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
    6 years ago

Very nice Darlene! You have the touch.

• Ephemerati
    6 years ago

Beautifully grown and flowered! Great substance and the fragrance must be intoxicating. I wish Angs were easier to find here.

• tropicbreezent
    6 years ago

I've seen small ones (not flowering) in Bunnings, give them a try.

• Ephemerati
    6 years ago

I've only ever seen the usual selection of noID hybrid dens and phals (lots & lots of phals), with the occasional named tube baby catts, oncs and cyms 5+ years away from flowering in the local Bunnings here. If your local has an orchid enthusiast managing the gardening section I'm quite jealous! I will keep an eye out but so far I've had the most luck with orchid shows and (surprisingly) ebay.

• tropicbreezent
    6 years ago

I got an A. sesquipedale from Bunnings. Anxiously awaiting blooms like the one in the photos above, even if it might still be a few years off. From Oct 2012 to get a bloom is a long time but I have a long growing season (pretty much a 12 month growing season) so I'm hoping it won't take as long. Fingers crossed anyway. Angraecums only seem to have white flowers but they're still quite impressive.

• Ephemerati
    6 years ago

Wow! I think I'd keel over in shock if I found an A. sesquipedale in Bunnings (then I'd snatch it up). I have a hybrid Ang Crestwood which produced three good-sized new leaves this growing season - positively speedy for an Ang - so it should be flowering sized now and I'm waiting impatiently... They do appreciate lots of light, heat and humidity so you northern growers have an advantage. Love those pristine white flowers, and that fragrance...!