Chanel On your nails....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khaki Vert yesterday and Tango today :yahoo:

Khaki Rose - first time wearing it since I always reach for Khaki Vert & Brun. I really really like this one!

attachment.php

Here's Black Pearl!

5355200005_f6fd3d8932.jpg

5355188241_825c3a6d8f.jpg

And it matches my new YSL shoes!!

5355823068_1d64719b70.jpg

:yahoo:Congrats!

Congrats on the GMATS!

Cassandra, those shoes are gorgeous! Sounds like your no-spend-money is going about as well as mine...

Misstrine, Tango and KV are gorgeous on you.

Khaki Rose is quite nice. I'm still not entirely sure when/where I'll wear it because I generally wear black and it doesn't quite work. I do like it though. It's a nice pedi color. KB I'm not terribly excited about.

Okay, here goes some massive spam! I got my Chanel order today. I stowed my non-polish purchases away as a bribe to finish my MAED website portfolio thing (do not want to do it).

I got Rose Paradise, Imperiel, Forbidden, and Lotus Rouge (your fault on this one Cassandra) from chanel.com. And Erotic and Ruby Slipper cheap in a swap deal. My shelf is getting full!

First up, the bottle photos:

5355311347_b058fe1b03.jpg

5355926942_2ca2bf7091.jpg

5355312801_561bd982ee.jpg

5355313149_748ce2a1eb.jpg

Erotic between Kabuki and Rose Fission. Those are both cremes, but Erotic has serious shimmer.
5355929002_804ab56727.jpg

Ruby Slipper between Red Dream and Vertigo.
5355313845_f34c811a17.jpg

Rose Paradise. I mostly bought this because I didn't have it and I'm silly, but I actually like it a lot. It isn't the most exciting color in the world, but it is pretty and works well with my skin tone. Application is really messy because I just slapped it on to test out and removed while still wet.
5355927444_6b661ae640.jpg

5355312251_ec288076b2.jpg

And part 2.

I wanted to play and compare so my mani today is really strange. Thumb is Madness. The rest, from L-R: Diabolic, Vamp, Forbidden, Imperiel. Diabolic is my favorite. It probably makes me look vampiric because it emphasizes how pale I am, but I actually like that. Imperiel has wonderful, smooth one coat application.

Does anyone really need ALL of these? Probably not, but they are noticeably different on the nail. Madness and Imperiel are the closest but Imperiel seems a bit dustier somehow. It feels more sophisticated to me, but this is really splitting hairs.
5355312417_8a80aa4eb7.jpg

My left hand is where the strange comes in. If I wore this out in public, I'm pretty sure I would get odd looks. I like the deep brownish/black skittles and will happily keep that on for a while (or would if I hadn't forgotten to wrap tips).

Thumb: Lotus Rouge. I really like this color a lot (thanks Cassandra!), but I still think Rouge Fatal is the sexier of the two. LR feels more "fun" to me. I have this on as a pedi now, and it is perfect.
5355313013_a06980c25e.jpg

Erotic and Ruby Slipper. Not the best combination, but I wanted to try them out.
5355929158_aed703ff2f.jpg

5355928772_157a92d584.jpg

5355929622_c718bc5b47.jpg

Look how full my shelf is getting! I'm going to be booting Diors off soon at this rate.
5355314039_0677521924.jpg

And just because she is cute:
5355314353_fa17450b13.jpg

Whew. Kudos to anybody who made it through all of that. This was a happy nail polish day for me!

Molly- FABULOUS pics!! I'm glad you like Lotus Rouge! I still haven't tried my Rouge Fatal yet but I hope to soon. I agree about Imperial, I think it looks more "sophisticated" than Madness even though they are basically identical. I have all those dark colors except Forbidden too, and Diabolic is also my favorite of that little set!

Rose Paradise looks really nice on you! I might give it another chance sometime soon, it just doesn't really go with my wardrobe or style. Love Erotic and Ruby Slipper!! Beautiful!!

Cassandra, if you love Imperiel and Diabolic, Forbidden seems to fall maybe halfway between them. It is a bit redundant to most normal people (we wouldn't be in this thread if we were "normal" re: nail polish, would we?), but probably worth swatching at a counter if those colors are "your thing."

Madness is probably the only one that I won't necessarily wear in regular rotation.

I'm sure this is a stupid question but what is nail wrapping? It seems to avoid tip wear whatever it is (or so I gather) so please! What is it and how do you do this?

I asked this exact same question a few months ago. I'm sure there is a more elegant way, but I just tap the brush against the edge of my nail after applying my first coat of color (when there is very little polish left on the brush). It really does make a big, big difference. I can go most of a week without tip wear if I do a careful job.

Awesome new colors Mollydoll! I have been on the fence about Rose Paradise but I think I am going to have to get it.

I want to get Lotus Rouge but I also really love Rouge Fatal. I agree with you that is is a sexy red.

I exchanged Blue Satin for Particuliere. I probably won't wear it much until next fall but it is nice to have in the stash. I am thinking it will look good with a nice soft pink colored top.

Awesome new colors Mollydoll! I have been on the fence about Rose Paradise but I think I am going to have to get it.

I want to get Lotus Rouge but I also really love Rouge Fatal. I agree with you that is is a sexy red.

I exchanged Blue Satin for Particuliere. I probably won't wear it much until next fall but it is nice to have in the stash. I am thinking it will look good with a nice soft pink colored top.

I think LR and RF are quite a bit different. I originally thought they were too similar.

Rose Paradise has the oomph that I wish Peche Nacree had. I think I need the darker color with my skin tone just to keep it interesting. Peche works well enough, but it just looks bland on me from a distance. I don't like it as a pedi. Sort of frustrating because I do like PN in the bottle and on other people (it looked great on you).

^^

I do like Peche Nacree but I know what you are saying about Rose Paradise. It adds that bit of contrast with lighter skin tones and works as a lighter color when you aren't in the mood for dark.. It looks really good on you.

I got my Tulipe Noire from ebay and I adore the color! The only problem is that the seller said she only used it twice and I am pretty certain is what used more than that. Most of my new Chanel's have been used only once or twice and when I take the brush out it is dripping with polish and the one she sold me has much less on the brush. It is so just so hard to tell when you can't see into the bottle. I don't want to cause a stink but I think I may let her know and see how she responds.

Also...there is caking around the opening and I usually don't get that on my bottles until I have used it many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.